Eastings and Northings Coordinates - comma thousands separator??

Jump to solution
12-14-2021 07:08 AM
FraserB
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I have a map layout which uses dynamic text to show the centre coordinate of the map frame as eastings and northings (BNG). Currently, it shows as 397727  292304. I know it is pedantic, but it is important that these coordinates show as 397,727 292,304, i.e. with a comma separator. I have looked and tried but I cannot see if there is a way to do it, so help would be appreciated. Thanks!

This is the mark-up language:

<dyn type="mapFrame" name="Map" property="center.x" units="" format ="standard" decimalPlaces="0"showDirections="false"/>, <dyn type="mapFrame" name="Map" property="center.y" units="" decimalPlaces="0"showDirections="false"/>

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Add the following tag to the dynamic text

separator="true"

e.g.

Center: <dyn type="mapFrame" name="Map Frame" property="center.x" units="" format ="standard" decimalPlaces="0" showDirections="false" separator="true"/>, <dyn type="mapFrame" name="Map Frame" property="center.y" units="" format ="standard" decimalPlaces="0" showDirections="false" separator="true"/>

Think Location

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
FraserB
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply, is using arcade the only way then? I would have though there is a setting somewhere that allows you to thousand-separate the coordinates? On the map properties for example. Or a way to add such a separation directly using a dynamic text tag?

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Add the following tag to the dynamic text

separator="true"

e.g.

Center: <dyn type="mapFrame" name="Map Frame" property="center.x" units="" format ="standard" decimalPlaces="0" showDirections="false" separator="true"/>, <dyn type="mapFrame" name="Map Frame" property="center.y" units="" format ="standard" decimalPlaces="0" showDirections="false" separator="true"/>

Think Location
FraserB
New Contributor III

Perfect just what I was after! THanks

0 Kudos