Dynamic Legend: Only show features visible in the map extent Not Working

Jump to solution
03-21-2022 07:43 AM
USI_Consultants
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm trying to utilize a dynamic legend, specifically the "Only show features visible in the map extent" option. I'm working with an NHD layer, and would like only those line types in the visible map, to be shown in the legend. I've clicked the "Only show features visible in the map extent" option but still get lots of line types showing in the legend that are not visible in my map.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I've dug through the posts here and have found some with the opposite problem, but I didn't find anyone else who was trying to use the option and it not working. 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi USI_Consultants,

This is likely a bug. Work has been done both server and client side to address legend issues. It is important to know the version of the sever that the map service is coming from and the version of ArcGIS Pro that is being used. 

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Interesting! How is your data showing up? Are you using a definition query, unique values symbology, different layers, or something else to display the lines? 

Cheers,
Aubri
USI_Consultants
New Contributor II

So it's a map server layer so I can't mess with the symbology at all. I'm wondering if that is the issue, that it's not stored locally?

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi USI_Consultants,

This is likely a bug. Work has been done both server and client side to address legend issues. It is important to know the version of the sever that the map service is coming from and the version of ArcGIS Pro that is being used. 

Can you contact Esri Support? They are better equipped to handle troubleshooting steps and gather bug data. They can be contacted at https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support.

Thanks, 

Tom

USI_Consultants
New Contributor II

Thanks Tom, I will do so. I found  a workaround by downloading the layer locally. The function works that way. I will report the bug as I'm sure there are cases where doing that wouldn't be possible. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos