Drawing a arc or tangent curve segment

02-24-2021 04:53 PM
Labels (1)
HanZheng
New Contributor II

I just updated my ArcGIS pro from 2.5 to 2.7 and I am having this issue when drawing a tangent curve segment. It applies to other curved type segments as well.

I've done this a lot from time to time. In the past, when I drew a curved segment, the sketch (dash line) is always as smooth as the final line it shows after I clicked finish, but after recent reinstallation of ArcGIS pro, when I drew a line under tangent curve segment mode, the line doesn't look smooth until I saved it (as shown in Capture 1 and 2). When you edit the polyline, the dash line with vertex doesn't line up with the actual polyline (as shown in Capture2).

This is really disturbing because I couldn't know whether I am drawing on the right path until I click finish. 
By the way, if I start a new polyline object, this wouldn't happen (as shown in Capture3). It always happens when I continue some existing feature. 

Does anyone know what's wrong. Is it because I didn't turn on some kind of hardware accelerator or it is simply a bug?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't use them but there are sections for guidance in the help, which I don't know if you have seen

Create circular arcs—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Create tangent circular arcs—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos