Select to view content in your preferred language

DO NOT update to 3.0, Update to ArcPro 3.0 is a disaster so far.

Jump to solution
06-29-2022 10:49 AM
Labels (1)
WardMitchell2
Occasional Contributor

So I updated to 3.0 yesterday and I highly recommend waiting as long as you can before doing so. I am having very odd behaviors and some things simply not working like clipping a raster. Prior to updating to 3.0 yesterday afternoon,  I was working on a new project, and when I updated that project no longer opened up. It has taken 3 attempts to recreate the basic portion of the project. It would just sit and spin on the FGDB and did the same thing when selecting an excel doc. I can sometimes shut down ArcPro as you normally do but at least 50% of the time I'm having to use task manager to close ArcPro. Just an FYI as this is a major release going back to 2.9.3 might cause even more problems according to ESRI documentation. Migration from ArcGIS Pro 2.x to 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation . Just a friendly PSA

Tags (1)
65 Replies
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

Anyone else having Python problems in label expressions?  Basic expressions seem to not work anymore.

0 Kudos
shagggypanda
New Contributor II

I can also confirm major issues with ArcGIS Pro 3.0 update. It seams like everyday I run into another problem which wasn't an issue before. Making my job a nightmare!

- Created Project

- From the start the project Geodatabase is "Either invalid or out of date. [Invalid Geodatabase release}" 

Completely broken GDB with every new project. Also had many of the same issues mentioned in the thread. Software patch please!

just_a_university_student
New Contributor

Hello! Sorry or reopening this discussion, but you mentioned "going back to 2.9.3" and I was wondering if that is still possible, and how to go about it?

but I wanted to ask if it is possible to go back to the previous patch of 2.9 (I think I had  2.9.5 ) after having updated to 3.0 -

I had only updated ArcGIS Pro from 2.9.5 to 3.0 because I needed the Hexagon Gridding tool, but it turns out I no longer have the Business Analyst extension (I'm a university student, so I don't know the logistics of my university's license) and I get a warning about the incompatibility of my file with 2.X updates if I proceed, so I haven't used it. I was able to get ArcGIS Pro 2.8 by following my university's instructions, but now ESRI doesn't show the upgrades available for 2.9 at all (only 3.0) and I get a similar warning regarding working on a version below 2.9.

Thank you for your time!

- Just_A_University_Student

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

After upgrading to 3.0 from 2.8, all of our schedule geoprocessing models will not run successfully.  I can run them manually, but not if they are scheduled...

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

I upgraded Pro to 3.1 today and it still does not fix my scheduled geoprocessing model issue as I mentioned above.

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

Good to know, thanks. I rely on Python scripts running in task scheduler, so I'll keep that machine at 2.9 until this is sorted out.

0 Kudos