Select to view content in your preferred language

DO NOT update to 3.0, Update to ArcPro 3.0 is a disaster so far.

Jump to solution
06-29-2022 10:49 AM
Labels (1)
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

So I updated to 3.0 yesterday and I highly recommend waiting as long as you can before doing so. I am having very odd behaviors and some things simply not working like clipping a raster. Prior to updating to 3.0 yesterday afternoon,  I was working on a new project, and when I updated that project no longer opened up. It has taken 3 attempts to recreate the basic portion of the project. It would just sit and spin on the FGDB and did the same thing when selecting an excel doc. I can sometimes shut down ArcPro as you normally do but at least 50% of the time I'm having to use task manager to close ArcPro. Just an FYI as this is a major release going back to 2.9.3 might cause even more problems according to ESRI documentation. Migration from ArcGIS Pro 2.x to 3.0—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation . Just a friendly PSA

Tags (1)
65 Replies
GrantDickins_OX2
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kory. Many thanks for testing those files. At the moment (10 minutes in) both files do not open in 3.0. I have closed/reopened each a couple of times and neither opens - they do show the Catalog tree with all related DBs, Maps, Styles, Layouts, etc. but just an empty Contents pane and map frame.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Wait? The projects open, though, correct? In the Catalog pane, if you expand the Maps container, do you see your maps in there?

KoryKramer_0-1664406461406.png

0 Kudos
GrantDickins_OX2
Occasional Contributor

Yes. Sorry, I was expecting it to open with the Contents pane full of the layers, just with broken links - I assumed it was not working based on that expectation! So, yes, I can open the project map and all is there (just broken paths). So that means all is ok and we have narrowed the issue to the Access drivers? I will contact ESRI Aus to action that.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Whew! Glad its working. Yes, this would indicate that there is still something about the driver setup that isn't quite there yet. Once those drivers are installed correctly, you should be good to go. Sorry for the hassle - these are the kinks with a major release. Moving to .NET 6 is the underlying cause of the new driver requirements. Please work with Support to get is sorted out. Thank you!

0 Kudos
GrantDickins_OX2
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much Kory - really appreciate your time and effort here. 

WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

As of around 8:30-9 am Monday morning I am no longer able to connect to my D-Drive and H-Drive only when creating a new project. I can open existing projects on both drives. The D drive is my local computer, and the H Drive is our network drive. The error that comes up states “ Cannot Connect to Network”. I am running the ArcPro 3.0version. I rebooted twice yesterday and once this morning and it didn’t change anything. I have updated both the .Net and excel driver, as suggested by ESRI when updating to 3.0 version. Everything was basically working until Monday morning. Do you guys have any suggestions as to how to fix this? 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

When you say you're trying to connect to the D and H drive when creating a new project, do you mean you have created a new project first and then are trying to add folder connections? Are you trying to create connections in your new project directly to those root drives or to folders on those drives? 

Do you have the connections stored as Favorites that can be added to the project? We do have an issue logged with Technical Support (not specific to ArcGIS Pro 3.0, and to-date not reproducible in house) that sounds similar. The listed workaround is:

• Drag and drop the item in question from Windows File Explorer to Catalog (folder connection).
  • Use a geoprocessing tool, and copy and paste the output location into the input text box, without using the file browser (Create File Geodatabase, Create Folder).

Are you able to drag/drop from Windows file explorer to create connections? It may be that you're running into this issue, but again, we have had that reported by others before 3.0. We are trying to get a solid repro case in order to understand if there is a fix that we are able to make in ArcGIS Pro or whether this is environment-specific.

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

Heres a quick video of what is happening

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

The video is helpful. Thanks.

A couple of things:

1. It looks like you're creating and storing projects in a OneDrive location. Please be sure to read the support policy for Pro on OneDrive: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000025605

2. It looks like you are typing in a location that doesn't exist. Once you are in your ThomhillNightFlight071522 folder and you want to create a new folder in there to house your project, go to New Item > Folder and create it. Then you should be able to set that folder as the location for the new project.

KoryKramer_0-1658235249379.png

I got the same network location error you did when I followed the steps in your video. But when I created the folder first and set it as the location there was no problem. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
WardMitchell2
Frequent Contributor

As I understand it when you create a new ArcPro project it creates a project folder as it has been doing since I have been using ArcPro. In the video, I am storing it within an existing folder so everything is located in one spot. This is what have been doing for at least 5 years now without any issues, So If I'm understanding you correctly I have to go into the existing "overall project folder" and create a new empty folder to then save the ArcPro project folder within the newly created empty folder?

0 Kudos