Display XY data from CVS file organized by Attributes

Jump to solution
03-09-2022 03:18 PM
Falko26
New Contributor

Hey Team, 

I'm very new to ArcGIS Pro. I have a set of data that is 10,000+ large of line items with Lats and Longs. I'm trying to create a map that displays the XY Data for all of the rows as well as organizes them by certain attributes automatically. 

Currently I was able to import the CVS File and display all of the line items onto the map. The next step is to organize them into categories depending on certain attributes so I can toggle on and off whatever set of data I'd like to look at. The only way I know how to do that is to make copies of the data sets and manually filter them down individually. Very time consuming. Is there a way to select filter data by attribute? Google Earth has this ability but cant handle the amount of data I have. 

Finally once you have this map created are you able to export it to smart map builder  to create a more intuitive Smart map for presentations? Or is ArcGIS Pro able to accomplish the same feat?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Split By Attributes (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation but it would produce separate featureclasses which I am not sure you want

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

save the csv into  a geodatabase as a featureclass, then have a look at

Filter features with definition queries—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
Falko26
New Contributor

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how to leverage what you sent to fix my problem. 

What I'm trying to do is split up the lat and long line items by facility name so I can toggle on and off the icons depending on the attribute. See Picture. 

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Falko26_0-1646950866572.png

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Split By Attributes (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation but it would produce separate featureclasses which I am not sure you want

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos