Select to view content in your preferred language

Display multi-lined attributes in Pro. Change cell height appearance.

07-24-2019 12:37 PM
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

How can I display multi-lined attributes in Pro?  In ArcMap you do it by changing the cell height.  It is NOT a wrap text scenario.  It was created in the text properties (see below).  I also have some other multi-line attributes which were created using python \n with the same problem.  How can I change the appearance of the cell height in Pro?  Is this just yet another thing they decided not to include in Pro?

Text properties in ArcMap:

How to change in ArcMap:

Pro?:

Kory Kramer

11 Replies
ChetHugo
Emerging Contributor

I found an answer that worked for me.  Enable 'Stack Label' and use a comma as the stacking separator.

ChetHugo_0-1655148317872.png

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

@MatthewDriscoll I added a comment on https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/be-able-to-see-an-entire-cell-in-pro-attribute/idi-p/... Will copy it here:

While not implemented exactly like ArcMap, we have heard you and in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Pro 3.2 (available by ~mid-November) you will see new options for table appearance.

Example for columns and rows:

KoryKramer_0-1697806450932.png

The ability to control table font has also been added along with more functionality to control selection and highlighting color (with the ability to coordinate those colors with selection color of features in the map).

Look for these when ArcGIS Pro 3.2 is released!

Please try working with the new functionality once you are able to update to ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and let us know how it works for you. Thank you!