Select to view content in your preferred language

Disable "Loading..." animation in Catalog View

yesterday
Labels (1)
JasonRoberts
New Contributor II

Is it possible to disable the "Loading..." animation in Catalog View of ArcGIS Pro?

I work with a lot of time series of remote sensing data, such as daily rasters of sea surface temperature. I need to scroll through sequences of rasters to get a quick visual idea of how the data have changed through time. I don't want to build an animation or do anything with mosaics or other complex workflows. I just want to switch from one raster to another, and have the view change as rapidly as possible.

This is possible with ArcCatalog in ArcGIS Desktop and I use it multiple times per day for this purpose. The problem with the Arc Pro Catalog View is that when you switch to a new raster, it blanks the view and displays a "Loading..." animation for a moment before displaying the new raster. This is jarring and essentially ruins the ability to flip back and forth to compare two rasters with the Catalog View.

Is there any way to disable the "Loading..." animation so that the screen will not update until the new raster is displayed?  I can surmise that the Arc Pro UI designers wanted to give users feedback that loading is happening, and they wanted to use a different motif than a small spinning globe icon on the status bar that ArcCatalog would show. But this "Loading..." animation motif is a big step backward in usability of the Catalog View as a browsing tool. The behavior of ArcCatalog is much better.

Thank you for any help you can provide,

Jason

0 Kudos
0 Replies