Date Field Changing Time Whenever I Save Edits

03-12-2024 05:38 AM
Mike09
by
New Contributor II

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm currently trying to set up a layer for a time-lapse application. I have events in the layer with specific dates and times associated with them. However, every time I save the edits I've made on the layer, all the times revert to 12:00:00 AM, while the dates remain the same. I'm 99% sure I've formatted things correctly, since it seems to reformat the time automatically if I do make a mistake; so I am not sure what is going on. I've provided a photo of what it looks like before and after I save edits.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I have a couple of qeustions

1) Can you look at the field and field formatting and check if there could be something going on at the field level?

2) Are you using the date control to set date and time?

3) Is it changing the value when you hit Enter to apply the attribute change or Save Edits

4) Is it reproducible in Attribute table, Attribute pane, or both?

5) What type of datasource?

Thanks,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Mike09
by
New Contributor II

1) the field and field formatting look fine from what I can tell (nothing that would be causing this issue that I can see at least).

2) not sure what date control is?

3) only when I save edits; when I press enter my date and time are both correct (seen on the image).

4) both

5) data source is just me manually entering data from physical sheets.

0 Kudos
JenniferCadkin
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  Follow up on a couple of my questions.

For 2)- when a date cell is in an editable state, click the calendar to open the date control

JenniferCadkin_0-1710343156119.png

5)  By datasource, I meant file Geodatabase or enterprise Geodatabase, etc.  Sorry this was not clear in my original question

0 Kudos