Data Interoperability constantly makes ArcGIS Pro 2.4 crash

Jump to solution
07-18-2019 04:01 AM
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

It's very frustrating. After installing version 2.4 of ArcGIS Pro and the same version of Data Interoperability, this is what happens:

1. I use the Quick Import and it works fine
  2. As long as I try to use the same tool for the second time, ArcGIS Pro crashes

It seems this is not linked with the type of data I am converting if this matters (it happens both for IFC and CIVIL3D transformers).

Also, if I open an aprx where I have already used the Data Interoperability, it crashes if I try to use it, as it is a matter if the Quick Import is present in the History of the project.

The only thing I could do is opening a brand new ArcGIS Pro session and do my conversion once and do the same for each conversion I need.

Not ideal since it used to work and I need to convert a lot of files.

I also sent the reports of the crash.

Is it a recognized BUG?

The only thing I could find was Problem: Data Interoperability has incompatibilities when more than one Data Interoperability produc...  but it only lists solutions for earlier versions.

ATTACHMENT

I attached the dump file as suggested by Drew Flater

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

Sometimes it's nice to see it's not a "machine/OS/personal settings-related" problem. Glad you found the cause and looking forward for the fix. Cheers.

0 Kudos
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

A patch for ArcGIS Data Interoperability was released today September 12 2019, please install by in-app update.  Apologies for the issues experienced.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Or download from My Esri if the updater has been disabled for your org...

0 Kudos