Select to view content in your preferred language

Customize default edting tool?

Jump to solution
08-18-2020 11:49 AM
MatthewMassey
New Contributor III

Pro has a lot of customization options, which is super nice, but one thing that has always annoyed me is that default tools can't be changed...or...is there a way to change these? For example, I'd really like to change the default editing tool from straight line segment to end point arc segment?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew,

In a feature template's properties > tools page you can set a default construction tool with this radio button:

Configure a feature template—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

However, there is not fine grained control over which segment constructor is the default for a particular tool. You might want to post this over in ArcGIS Ideas. If you do, consider adding your use case - do you make lots of curves?

Thanks,
Scott

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew,

In a feature template's properties > tools page you can set a default construction tool with this radio button:

Configure a feature template—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

However, there is not fine grained control over which segment constructor is the default for a particular tool. You might want to post this over in ArcGIS Ideas. If you do, consider adding your use case - do you make lots of curves?

Thanks,
Scott

MatthewMassey
New Contributor III

That definitely helps some...but yeah, it would be super nice for complete control. Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
MatthewMassey
New Contributor III

And yes, curves are basically all i use...it's faster for our needs and the end product is more aesthetically pleasing.

0 Kudos