Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom vector basemap oddity (specifically in Pro)

07-11-2023 06:49 AM
LiviaBetancourtMazur
New Contributor III

I authored my own vector basemap and published it to ArcGIS Online. When viewing it in the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer, it looks as expected at every zoom scale. However, when I view that same vector basemap in ArcGIS Pro, at zoom scale 4514 it shows the tiles for the 9028 scale (this happens with two different basemaps I have authored). I have the map frame set up so that it has the ArcGIS Online standard scales loaded and so that it only displays those scales when zooming.

LiviaBetancourtMazur_0-1689082771409.png

This is what I see in Pro when I am at scale 4514:

LiviaBetancourtMazur_1-1689082950676.png

This is the same exact basemap at the same exact scale in the AGOL Map Viewer (which is correct; notice different label and symbology settings):

LiviaBetancourtMazur_2-1689083081017.png

This is the data in Pro, pre publishing it to vector tiles. Notice that I am zoom scale 4514 (same as first picture above), which shows the correct thing and matches what is in AGOL.

LiviaBetancourtMazur_3-1689083159430.png

So why are my published vector tiles not showing the correct thing at that particular scale in Pro while in the document used for publishing and in the AGOL Map Viewer everything is acting as expected?

Thank you!!

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would assume a projection issue? Can you confirm the CRS of the Pro map you're using? Set it to Web Mercator and see if the issue persists.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
LiviaBetancourtMazur
New Contributor III

Hi! Thanks for responding! It is already in Web Mercator.

0 Kudos