Creating Reports in Pro

06-02-2017 01:10 PM
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

The Pro team is excited to begin work on Reports for a future release. We would love to get some input as to what our users' needs are in regards to functionality and appearance. If you frequently make reports and would like to send us a sanitized (no sensitive data) report, please email arajendran@esri.com.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

61 Replies
MatthewKalcich
Occasional Contributor

We also would be interested in helping. We currently do a lot of reports generated out of SQL and in some instances manually. This would be very helpful in pro especially for our environmental staff. Anything that you can do to include attachments and a map would be awesome for environmental assessments, Construction Inspections, and photo logs. We would be more than happy to send you a few examples and help test.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt!

We'd love for you to help! The first release of reports was Pro 2.3. We don't have attachment or map support (yet). It would be great to talk more about your workflows and requirements and get some of those examples. Could you send me an email? arajendran@esri.com

Thanks!

- Alycia

0 Kudos
MichaelHoneyman
New Contributor

Hey Alycia - who’s Matt?

Mike Honeyman

General Manager

Honeyman Morris Inc.

250-908-0105 | www.hm-inc.ca<http://www.hm-inc.ca>

Kimberley, BC Canada

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hey Mike!

Matt is the person I was responding to  Please see the comment above mine.

- Alycia

0 Kudos
MichaelHoneyman
New Contributor

Gotcha!!!! Thanks I see now.

Have an awesome day!

Mike Honeyman

General Manager

Honeyman Morris Inc.

250-908-0105 | www.hm-inc.ca<http://www.hm-inc.ca>

Kimberley, BC Canada

0 Kudos
RedRiverPlanningGIS_Admin
New Contributor II

I have also been playing with the new Report tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and am not seeing a way to display data linked through a relationship table, is this functionality possible?  I have a Parcel feature class which is linked to about three tables through a common ID such as permits.  The person doing the report printing has limited GIS knowledge but this function looks great if the relationship data can be read.  this would also be a great feature for an ArcGIS Online Web App Widget!

Cassandra

CassandraVerras
New Contributor II

I would like to second the option to display data linked through a relationship table! I need to link ownership data to inspection forms using sidwell's as the primary key. There are workarounds, but they aren't ideal. Thanks!

(another) Cassandra

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Cassandra, RedRiverPlanning GIS Admin‌,

We agree and it is in our near-term plan!

Thanks,

- Alycia

ElioSpinello
New Contributor II

Is there a way, or can there be a way to have the report tool default to the GDB alias name for a field rather than the actual field name to appear in the template?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

I don't see that as an option.  It looks like by default the field aliases show up in the header while the actual field names are in the details.

What is the use case for showing the alias vs. the field name?  How would you picture this working/where would you expect to find and change this setting?

0 Kudos