Creating Reports in Pro

06-02-2017 01:10 PM
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

The Pro team is excited to begin work on Reports for a future release. We would love to get some input as to what our users' needs are in regards to functionality and appearance. If you frequently make reports and would like to send us a sanitized (no sensitive data) report, please email arajendran@esri.com.

I look forward to hearing from you all!

61 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

*1-2 releases per the ArcGIS Pro Roadmap - July 2019‌ 

0 Kudos
CaitlynBoucher1
New Contributor II

Keeping fingers crossed for this as well!  I would like to add feature photo attachments as well as information found in a related table (1:1) and also (1:M)

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Caitlyn!

Attachments are available in the new 2.5 release! Related reports are in active development right now. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

- Alycia

0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

Where to start. Current Report is very limited. We could use:

-Page layout more like Crystal reports

-Filter by expression doesn't seem to be working well in 2.4

-Possibility to hide a field if it's empy and not show the tag

-Select multiple objects by drawing a square in the screen

-Auto-grow a field based on content

-Field expression in design time

-Add Maps (and auto zoom to selected) in report page

to name a few. Just mimic Crystal report and it would be great ! Tks

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the feedback!  Just to address a few of your concerns:

1. We built the report framework ourselves. Crystal Reports is being depreciated and building our own framework eliminates the limitations of third party software.
2. Filter by expression isn't working well? Could you email me more details as to what is not working? (arajendran@esri.com)
3. Again, not sure what you mean by hiding a field/not showing a tag, please elaborate in an email.
4. This is a good idea and I've taken it back to our team.
5. This is in the product plan and there is a support enhancement request that your organization can follow to get development updates: ENH-000126018
6 & 7. These are in the product plan as well.

I am very sorry you don't like the UI experience. Please don't hesitate to email me for follow up to some of these issues.

Thanks again,
- Alycia

0 Kudos
TiffanySelvidge1
Occasional Contributor III

Generating a report with an embedded map image would be very helpful. Definitely could use the ability to connect to sql data and perform a sql query to accompany the image.

AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Tiffany,

You should be able to connect to a SQL database and use data within it in a report. On creation, you can define an expression in SQL mode (which I know isn't a full query). Could you give me a generic example of a query you would perform? 

Thanks,
- Alycia

0 Kudos
AndrewMilanes

I'm excited to see the ability to add attachments to reports in v2.5, but I can't get it to work.  All I get are blank squares on the PDF export.  Am I missing something?

Maggie Cloos David Alford

0 Kudos
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Andrew,

There are a few things that could be happening. A few questions:
1. What is the data source? Is it in your project or external data?
2. Are attachments enabled for the data source?
3. Can you see attachments in the Attribute pane? (Select a record you believe has an attachment and then on the Map tab > Selection group > "Attributes" will open the pane). If there are attachments, you will see three tabs of options: Attributes, Geometry, and Attachments.

Please let me know what you find!

Thanks,

- Alycia

0 Kudos
AndrewMilanes
  1. I've tried numerous sources:  feature class in local file geodatabase, feature class in SQL, and hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online.
  2. Yes, attachments are enabled for all of them
  3. Yes, I can see the attachments in the popup in Pro

I, along with co-workers, have tried this on multiple computers at different locations with many feature classes.  It never works.  So clearly we're all making the same mistake or it doesn't work.