Creating PostgreSQL geodatabase from Pro 2.2

Jump to solution
07-17-2018 04:58 PM
MinShin
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to create geodatabase in ArcGIS Pro(v2.2) using PostgreSQL(v9.6) with PostGIS(v2.3) and getting this error.

"You must copy the latest ST_GEOMETRY library to the PostgreSQL software location. Refer to the ArcGIS help topics for more details."

I found st_geometry.dll from 

1. C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\DatabaseSupport\PostgreSQL\9.6\Windows64
  2. C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DataStore\framework\runtime\pgsql\lib
  3. C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.6\DatabaseSupport\PostgreSQL\9.6\Windows64

None of them worked when I copied lib to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\lib. I keep getting the same error.

"You must copy the latest ST_GEOMETRY library to the PostgreSQL software location. Refer to the ArcGIS help topics for more details."

Do I need to copy PostgreSQL client files mentioned in ArcGIS Help here.? If so, what are those files? Should I copy everything in there?

The testdb is created at least.

Any help please?

Thanks.

Min

arcgis pro 2.x postgresql 9.6‌ enterprise-geodatabase‌ 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

You were following the instructions for creating a geodatabase using ArcGIS Desktop. That DLL was for ArcGIS Desktop. Instead check this: Create a geodatabase in PostgreSQL on Windows—Manage geodatabases in PostgreSQL | ArcGIS Desktop 

Check the "Place the st_geometry.dll file" part in the link...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

You were following the instructions for creating a geodatabase using ArcGIS Desktop. That DLL was for ArcGIS Desktop. Instead check this: Create a geodatabase in PostgreSQL on Windows—Manage geodatabases in PostgreSQL | ArcGIS Desktop 

Check the "Place the st_geometry.dll file" part in the link...

FrancescoGiovinazzo
New Contributor III

Perfect answer, the documentation should be updated

0 Kudos
MinShin
New Contributor III

Hi Asrujit,

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded "ArcGIS Pro Database Support" package from My Esri. Indeed, the "latest" ST_Geometry library fixed the issue.

Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Glad to help. Please close the Thread by marking the appropriate response as Correct.

0 Kudos