Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating Offline TPK Maps Using ArcGIS Pro

09-10-2022 10:31 PM
ArmandoGarcia3
New Contributor III

I know how to create maps using ArcGIS Pro Desktop and use the Download option to create .tpk files of the map I created.

The issue is that my project is a folder with all my tpk files and other dependencies.

In the past using the sample programs on GitHub for ArcGIS Esri for QT, whenever I was able to create a map it would have it saved as a zip folder but it had a .tpk extension. Then I was able to call a new map tile layer in  QT using the ArcGIS SDK for QT 100.13 and call that file and it would include all the goodies.

I don't know how to do the same in ArcGIS Pro desktop. It is just a folder.

My question is: How do I combine these so I can have all layers included?? I only use ArcGIS for basic maps and nothing more. For this reason, I do not have much experience.

Here is an example of the code from the ArcGIS Website using an ONLINE map. I already have the changed code to using a Tile Map instead but it is on my other computer.

Basemap* basemap = new Basemap(TPK NAME HERE, this);

// create a new map instance

m_map = new Map(basemap, this);

// set map on the map view

m_mapView->setMap(m_map);

ArmandoGarcia3_0-1662873767094.png

I hope this makes sense, otherwise I can elaborate more.

I found somewhere where there is a python map script where it loops thru all the maps and makes one TPK

# Loop through the project, find all the maps, and
# create a map tile package for each map,
# using the same name as the map

Here is the comment from the project. Is this the easiest method to solve this or are there other ways (like from the ArcGIS pro application).

Thank you,
Z

0 Kudos
0 Replies