Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Mobile Map Package crashing when run from ModelBuilder

Jump to solution
12-15-2022 06:12 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

We create a Mobile Map Package in Pro by Sharing and Mobile Map.

We would like to create a model to export the map and then upload it to the appropriate group in Portal

The Geoprocessing application 

Create Mobile Map Package crashes and knocks me out of Pro every time I try to run it. 

I am trying to save it to a directory and not in Portal.  Using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3

Using default settings.

This happens with or without locators set and with or without Area of Interest defined.

I have tried it with very small amounts of data and it still aborts.   No message just the standard Stopped working message

RobertBorchert_0-1671113543625.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I tried multiple things.  

I had it set up to path to a unc directory 

I changed it to send the map package to my C: drive instead and it worked as expected

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Robert - I created a model using ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3 as well that has the Create Mobile Map Package GP tool in it.  I have a raster dataset and a point feature class for data.  Saving local and not to ArcGIS Online.  Ran the model and it worked fine.   ArcGIS Pro did not crash.  Whenever I see "weird" GP issues such as this a few things to try.

1.  Rename the ESRI folder in your C:/Users/<user_profile>/appdata/local and C:/Users/<user_profile>/appdata/roaming to ESRI_OLD.
2.  Delete your GP history.
3.  Clear your  Display cache from Project->Options->Display

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I tried multiple things.  

I had it set up to path to a unc directory 

I changed it to send the map package to my C: drive instead and it worked as expected

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

When I ran the GP tool in a model, my output path was C:\temp so no issues/crashes.  I wonder why the C: drive works but other paths do not.  Regardless, it seems you have a solution.

0 Kudos