Create Map Tile Package does not create all requested levels

01-27-2021 02:55 PM
Labels (1)
MaryDuBose
New Contributor III

I am using the Create Map Tile Package tool in ArcPro 2.6.2 to create a tile package to sideload to Android tablets for use with ArcCollector. The map has just one layer (clipped aerial imagery). I am using the JPEG tiling format, and setting the Extent to the current map extent (I am trying to make different tile packages for different sections of the county so the file size for each one won't be too large). I have the Minimum level set to 13 and the Maximum level set to 21. When I run the tool, it will show that it's "completed" after about 3 to 5 minutes, which is clearly not long enough (should be hours). The file size of the resulting tile package is way too small (10-20 MB, should be in the GB). And when I look at the contents of the tile package in 7-Zip, I see that it doesn't actually create all the levels - it stops at 15 or 16, even though the tool doesn't give me any error messages and it shows as being "completed". I tried this same exact thing with the same parameters in ArcMap 10.7, and I have the same issue. In ArcMap it works a little better (it will run for about an hour, and reach level 19 or 20), but it's still not doing what I need it to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanDeegan
New Contributor III

Are the images in a Mosaic dataset? I've had issues with SIDs in mosaics and had to go and edit the table to change the fields that control visibility. 

What format are you exporting to? I don't think I've ever had a .tpk work well in Pro. 

0 Kudos
MaryDuBose
New Contributor III

Dan, I am exporting to .tpkx format (in both ArcPro and ArcMap). I did try .tpk once just to see if that would work any better...it did not. The images are not in a mosaic dataset. I originally had about 15 SIDs to cover the entire county, and I converted them to a single TIFF, and then clipped that TIFF to just the areas I need.

0 Kudos