Create Line segments from Point Locations referencing Linear feature

Jump to solution
12-12-2022 07:08 AM
kapalczynski
Occasional Contributor III

Starting point:

• I have a point file that denote Start and End Locations
  • I have a road file that should to the roads

I am trying to create road segments that start at the start point and end at the end point.  So I am trying to extract those road segments in-between the sets of points.  NOTE:  There can be overlap between Start/End Point 1 and Start/End Point2.  So I need multiple road segments in the output that might have overlap between them.

I started by Snapping the Points to the road.

I also have a similar Points file that is snapped and Dissolved  by a unique identifier.

I have network analyst but I am very rusty.....Any thoughts on how I can achieve this?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor

I think your input data is already set up to be used directly. So try this: 

Convert your point feature class to a table using the Export table tool and write to a table called TSM_FeaturesOutp_ExportTable and then use the Make Route Event Layer to create your lines as follows:

JaySandhu_0-1670886730329.png

Hope this is the output you are looking for.

Jay Sandhu

kapalczynski

@JaySandhu  @AyanPalit  AWESOME... THANKS SO MUCH for your help thoughts and guidance... 

This stuff is so tricky... especially getting your data in the correct format... Cheers....

AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@kapalczynski Glad the suggestions worked out for you. Do take some time to further review the linear referencing concepts using links provided previously. I am also moving the post from Network Analyst to ArcGIS Pro.

@JaySandhu Thanks for tag teaming with me! 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos
kapalczynski

Great thank you both again... If anyone reading this wants any further into please feel free to reach out

0 Kudos