Create Hosted Imagery Layer appears to hang

Jump to solution
09-30-2022 01:51 PM
DonMorrison1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to figure out how to configure an Experience Builder Suitability Modeler widget and one prereq is to create a WRO service. So I follow the instructions to create the mosaic dataset in ArcGIS Pro using the Weighted Raster Overlay Service toolbox and that seems to go OK. My problem is when I run the publishing step with the ArcGIS Pro "Create Hosted Imagery Layer" command, it appears to hang with the Data Upload as "Staged" and the Output layers "Pending".   Is there something I'm missing - am I supposed to do something more to move to to completed?   I can't even find a log file that might give some hints.

DonMorrison1_0-1664570788469.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jhindleCRG
New Contributor III

Hi Don,

Before you tried to host the mosaic, did you right click the mosaic in the catalog pane and select 'Optimize -> Analyze Mosaic Dataset'? This will show you any errors and I think is vital to do for the tool to function correctly.

I was running into the same issue with it hanging on "Pending" and I recalled having to do this for another way of sharing a Mosaic as a hosted web layer. It seemed to work for me when doing after this process.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JakeNelson125
New Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this?

0 Kudos
DonMorrison1

Nope - nothing.  We pretty much gave up on it.

0 Kudos
jhindleCRG
New Contributor III

Hi Don,

Before you tried to host the mosaic, did you right click the mosaic in the catalog pane and select 'Optimize -> Analyze Mosaic Dataset'? This will show you any errors and I think is vital to do for the tool to function correctly.

I was running into the same issue with it hanging on "Pending" and I recalled having to do this for another way of sharing a Mosaic as a hosted web layer. It seemed to work for me when doing after this process.

0 Kudos
DonMorrison1

No, I did not. We have sort of moved on since we ran into this roadblock but I'll try that trick if we get back to it. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ToreHustoft
New Contributor II

Hi @jhindleCRG
I am running into a similar issue that you might have an answer to. After using "Analyze Mosaic Dataset" to make sure everything is ok, I tried sharing the Mosaic to AGOL, using "Create hosted imagery". When I am trying to run this tool, my Data Upload status just says "Failed". I don't get any errorcode, or any suggestions on what might be the issue at hand. I also cannot find anything on the web on this issue. 
Any suggestions? 
Thanks!

0 Kudos
jhindleCRG
New Contributor III

Do you have an ArcGIS Image online license? You could try using the new imagery portal to try it. I seem to run into issues even hosting basic imagery layers through ArcGIS Pro, most of the time it seems like a network issues on Esri's end.

0 Kudos
ToreHustoft
New Contributor II

Thank you for your quick reply.
I have an ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online, with administrative privileges. I have not managed to upload a WRO service directly in the portal.. I am able to upload a mosaic dataset to agol using the imagery portal, but not including the WRO serivice. 

JonathanOgren
New Contributor

I have had very similar issues. After a lot of trial and error, I am able to created a mosaic dataset and configure using the Weighted Raster Overlay Service toolbox. However, when I attempt to share using the Create Hosted Imagery Layer, the tool appears to hang at Creating dynamic imagery layer... 

It will create a hosted image on AGOL but I get the error Unable to establish a secure HTTPS connection to the layer. The layer, ..., cannot be added to the map. Has anyone successfully hosted the weighted raster overlay mosaic dataset on AGOL? 

0 Kudos