Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Features with Multiple Categories

08-26-2024 10:37 AM
JanessaKluth
New Contributor

Running ArcGIS Pro 3.3.1

I've created a feature layer in ArcGIS Online that is built off the same design as one that my boss has made.

I have a category field with 2-3 options for each layer:

JanessaKluth_0-1724693369456.png

When I want to create a new feature in ArcGIS Pro, I can create a feature, but I have to go into the template and select the category by clicking the arrow and then selecting the category:

JanessaKluth_1-1724693452243.png

JanessaKluth_2-1724693458297.png

However, my boss's layer looks like this:

JanessaKluth_3-1724693636416.png

With his, I can click on "Category 1" under "Field Notes (Areas)" and just start drawing a polygon in that category.

How do I make it so I can just choose the category and create rather than going into the template and choosing the category manually? Do I need to completely recreate the feature layer?  (Ignore my pipeline layer, it only has one category). I am relatively new to GIS, so the simpler the better

TIA!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

It seems you are missing the feature templates.  If you still have access to the boss's project, you can right click layer, sharing and save as a layer file.  Then, use that layer file to load the data into your project.  The layer file will preserve/copy over the symbology and template to your project.  Just don't forget to save.

R_