Select to view content in your preferred language

Count of addresses within a dissemination block

Jump to solution
05-21-2020 12:09 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

Newbie here. I have a table of addresses that I have geo-coded on a World Street Map. I've also included 2 StatsCan boundary files, Dissemination Subdivision and Dissemination Blocks. I am trying to use Graduated colours get a display based the count of addresses within a Dissemination Block. I've used a spatial join on Dissemination Subdivision and Join_Count for Primary symbology - Graduated Colors, and this seems to return reasonable results, but when I try the same methodology for the Block level, I get 0 for a Join_Count. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using the 2 files above, I am getting the same results. Would you mind giving it a go? It might be an error on my part in how I am using the tool. I edited the schools data to consume fewer credits when geo-coding. How can I share my geo-coded data with you?

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

are you able to download your data from portal? I never use AGOL tbh. If you want to save some credits take a look at a geocoding API such as OpenCage Geocoder - Easy, Open, Worldwide, Affordable Geocoding  , the documentation is really good.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will certainly check out that tool! I've uploaded my package and made it openly available (https://niagaracollege.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=a3b16f850fda45e9bdd26bc4ff38bbf3 )

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

unfortunately that's just shared within your org. i'll just geocode it quickly, what info do you need to keep on the schools?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh sorry, I selected to share with everyone but that might just mean within my organization. I used the address information to geocode (street, city, province and postal), and kept:

Region

Board Number
Board Name
Board Type
School Name
School Level
School Language
School Type
Suite
PO Box
Street
City
Province
Postal Code

I will want to add filtering on School Level, School Language, School Type at some point.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

hmmm, cancel that. it only let me code 500 then cut me off.  Also plonked a school in the middle of a marshland lake, I think I'll go off more than postcode next time.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be nice if we could attach files to these posts . I have a CSV of cleaned school data.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

u go to the cog at the bottom left of your post, go to 'edit' then an attachment option should appear at the bottom.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well look at that! CSV attached to my previous post.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

not geocoded though, can you copy paste the lat longs from agol?

0 Kudos