Select to view content in your preferred language

Could I directly save a multidirectional hillshade file when I run it in Raster Functions?

07-19-2022 03:52 AM
AlvisDou
Regular Contributor

When I created a multidirectional hillshade in the Raster Function, I can get a beautiful hillshade which is a temporal file. Then I saved my project and closed the computer, after few days, I open the project again, but the hillshade is unaviailable in the Contents (as shown in the Figure below). 

I wanna to know how could I solve this question, I want get a stable Multidirectional Hillshade file when I run the Raster Function tool. Or what operations could be used for save the temporal file?

Thank you very much.

XYDou_0-1658227876657.png

7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are lots of shortcuts, but the one with the most output options is

Copy Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and you should have the raster you want.... *.tif format is the most widely supported

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AlvisDou
Regular Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I will try this method. 

0 Kudos
AlvisDou
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I used the method you mentioned but I found some problems.

As the figure shown, you can see the value of original result and the copied tif is different, I don't know why.

AlvisDou_0-1658303277332.png

The most important problem is, when I set a stable scale of layout, these two hillshade shown different version effect, the copied tif became darker in display compared to the original result, making the quality of my output significantly lower. I don't know what the reason is, and I can't adjust "Effects" and "Rendering" to make the copied tif look as good as the original result. And, I'm sure it's not a problem with my monitor.

AlvisDou_1-1658303499122.png

AlvisDou_2-1658303516885.png

0 Kudos
Lorenz
by
Occasional Contributor

Could you provide the error message? Or is none indicated?

0 Kudos
AlvisDou
Regular Contributor

Yes, there is no error message. Only that red exclamation mark in the figure. I think maybe Windows system cleared out some temporary files, so that multidirectional hillshade which exists as a temporary file is not available.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The original image was stretched I suspect.  You would have to examine the statistics of the original to determine the min and max of the input 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AlvisDou
Regular Contributor

I just received your reply to me in another post. I will answer you here in unison.

Right after I posted about the bug, I created a new MH, then I changed the Symbology from Stretch to Classify, so that ArcGIS Pro prompted me for a statistical calculation, after which I got a correct min and max value, then I restored Stretch. then I just copied this calculated MH and got a tif file that still had the problem I described in that post. The important thing is that this MH, which I have calculated, cannot be exported in the layout page! Whether it's JPEG, png or tif, all it exports is a blank page! This seems to prove that AFR files are not allowed to be modified.

I suggest you follow this procedure and check the results.

Thank you very much for your reply.

0 Kudos