Connect to and List Tables PostgreSQL PostGIS

Jump to solution
04-01-2019 11:36 AM
MalcolmMeyer2
Frequent Contributor

I have a standard license (no enterprise or server) and it would seem from everything that I can find online that I should be able to connect to a read-only version of my data hosted in PostgreSQL. I can connect from my local machine via pgadmin, so I know I can connect. The error I receive is "Bad Login user" on a managed database that requires an ssl connection - sssl=require. On another PostgreSQL database hosted elsewhere on a VPS, I can connect, but it does not have the ssl=require setting.

Is this ssl setting the problem - which I cant change - or should I look elsewhere to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MalcolmMeyer2
Frequent Contributor

This is a known bug and fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 and ArcMap 10.6.1.

See:

BUG-000111940: ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 and ArcGIS Pro 2.1 fail to connect to PostgreSQL databases with SSL enabled on Linux.
This defect mentions that it was fixed on Pro 2.2. I believe that the issue should be resolved with Desktop 10.6.1 as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

That is a great question. I have not run into anyone requiring SSL on a connection to PostgreSQL.

You may want to reach out to Esri technical support for guidance on this one.

The Postgres docs say it is can be set on the client side; https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/libpq-ssl.html but I think that ArcGIS Pro has the client built in and am not sure how to "modify" it.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/databases/connect-postgresql.htm 

Geodatabase

--- George T.
0 Kudos
MalcolmMeyer2
Frequent Contributor

This is a known bug and fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.2 and ArcMap 10.6.1.

See:

BUG-000111940: ArcGIS Desktop 10.6 and ArcGIS Pro 2.1 fail to connect to PostgreSQL databases with SSL enabled on Linux.
This defect mentions that it was fixed on Pro 2.2. I believe that the issue should be resolved with Desktop 10.6.1 as well.

0 Kudos
MariaBorisova
New Contributor

Hi,

Was this bug ever resolved for ArcGIS Pro 2.3? I'm attempting to connect to a Postgres database that requires SSL from ArcPro and having issues. However, I'm able to connect to this Postgres database with no problems from other software. 

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

As Malcolm mentioned, it was fixed at ArcGIS Pro 2.2.

If you still are experiencing the issue, I would recommend contacting technical support for a possible resolution.

--- George T.
0 Kudos