Como se conecta ArcGis Pro con ArcGis Online

Jump to solution
Thursday
Luis_AlbertoHerrera
New Contributor

Buenas tardes

Alguien me puede explicar, como compartir o conectar un mapa de ArcGis Pro a ArcGis Online, pero cuando le haga actualizaciones al mapa de ArcGIS Pro se actualice en ArcGIS Online.

Gracias

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ODWC_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Hi Luis,

There's two ways of using ArcGIS Pro with ArcGIS Online Maps (with which I'm more familiar).

1)  You can open a Map (for which you have edit permission) from ArcGIS Online within ArcGIS Pro.

ODWC_GIS_0-1723758187611.png From the Catalog window, choose Portal, then look at each of the different icons representing an available source location.  For me, that is my items, my favorites, my groups, my organization, ArcGIS Online, and the Living Atlas.  You ought to see a Save Web Map button that'll do that.

2)  You can create a map within an ArcGIS Pro Project and share it as a Web Map in ArcGIS Online.  Whenever you make changes in your 'Pro Project, you'll need to overwrite or update the Web Map.

Regarding that second method... I would suggest that you share a set of Layers to the Web, and use those Layers to create a View of the same (it isn't exactly a copy, but it helps to think of it as such).  Then take the Layer View and use it to make an Web Map in ArcGIS Online.  

Whenever you edit your layers in ArcGIS Pro, save then overwrite the current Web Layers.  Your edits will replace what exists Online now.  Any special symbols or popups you had configured for the overwritten layers is now gone.  ...But not symbols and popups you configured for the overwritten-layers' View.

ArcGIS Pro Feature Layers --> Web Layers --> View Layers

|

\/

Web Map

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.2/help/sharing/overview/share-with-arcgis-pro.htm

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ODWC_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Hi Luis,

There's two ways of using ArcGIS Pro with ArcGIS Online Maps (with which I'm more familiar).

1)  You can open a Map (for which you have edit permission) from ArcGIS Online within ArcGIS Pro.

ODWC_GIS_0-1723758187611.png From the Catalog window, choose Portal, then look at each of the different icons representing an available source location.  For me, that is my items, my favorites, my groups, my organization, ArcGIS Online, and the Living Atlas.  You ought to see a Save Web Map button that'll do that.

2)  You can create a map within an ArcGIS Pro Project and share it as a Web Map in ArcGIS Online.  Whenever you make changes in your 'Pro Project, you'll need to overwrite or update the Web Map.

Regarding that second method... I would suggest that you share a set of Layers to the Web, and use those Layers to create a View of the same (it isn't exactly a copy, but it helps to think of it as such).  Then take the Layer View and use it to make an Web Map in ArcGIS Online.  

Whenever you edit your layers in ArcGIS Pro, save then overwrite the current Web Layers.  Your edits will replace what exists Online now.  Any special symbols or popups you had configured for the overwritten layers is now gone.  ...But not symbols and popups you configured for the overwritten-layers' View.

ArcGIS Pro Feature Layers --> Web Layers --> View Layers

|

\/

Web Map

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.2/help/sharing/overview/share-with-arcgis-pro.htm

Luis_AlbertoHerrera
New Contributor

Muchas Gracias ODWC_GIS.

Muy agradecido por su explicación

0 Kudos