Select to view content in your preferred language

Increasing Raster Row and Column maximum Threshold

Jump to solution
Wednesday
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Sometimes when working with high resolution raster datasets we come across the error of row and column limit reached. Like for example in my organization's case it's set to 8000 rows and 8000 columns. 

Is there a way to increase this limit? That way the raster can be used in its original resolution.

Error 001491 Cannot process above the size limits of the image service: '3DEPElevation'. The allowed maximum number of rows and columns is 8000 and 8000 respectively. Please adjust the output extent and/or cellsize to fit within the limits.

Ed__0-1723652936231.png

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

The solution that worked for me without having to clip/lowering the raster resolution/choosing a smaller extent was to use the raster from a network or local drive location. The rows and columns limitation goes away and you can use the raster in its original form (extent and resolution).  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Not in arcgis pro.  check your image service documentation

... sort of retired...
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

one of several that I initially saw... 

your question was posted in arcgis pro, but there are not settings with Pro to enable anything to do with rasters except the number of unique classes and raster types etc

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Ed_
MVP Regular Contributor

The solution that worked for me without having to clip/lowering the raster resolution/choosing a smaller extent was to use the raster from a network or local drive location. The rows and columns limitation goes away and you can use the raster in its original form (extent and resolution).  

0 Kudos