Combining Build Balanced Zones Tool with the Nearest Facility Tool

12-07-2022 03:13 AM
Labels (1)
DAMAK
by
New Contributor

Hello

I use the balanced zones tool to form zones from multiple communities. In the whole study area there are several stations and defined centers. Also I have e.g. the population of these municipalities. With the help of the build balanced zones tool I was able to create very nice zones from the above mentioned data. It looks like this:

DAMAK_0-1670410690076.png

Besides these communities I also calculated how fast you can reach the centers from certain points in the communities or what is the nearest center. For this I used the Identify nearest facility tool. As you can seem there are clearly some connections between the communities and the centers. Now I want to take this orientation into considerations when creating the zones.

DAMAK_1-1670410826515.png

If I try to assign this by hand, then a result like the following might come out. However, I would like to make this understandable. Is there any way to take such connections into consideration when creating the zones?

I have considered using "Distance to Consider" or "Attribute to Consider", but unfortunately I have not come to a good result.

DAMAK_2-1670411061696.png

0 Replies