Select to view content in your preferred language

Clip Multiple raster dataset based on their polygons

03-05-2024 03:14 AM
Labels (3)
AidosMakhanov
New Contributor

Hello GIS Folks,

I hope you are all great. I have question regarding clipping multiple raster based on their polygons. Specifically, I have 350 georeferenced topo maps. And I would like to create mosaic with this rasters. In order to create precise mosiac I should cut or clip the some part of the raster. So I created multiple polygons based on rasters. Then I would like to clip or cut it automatically not one by one. Also I created two models for clipping multiple raster by clipping and masking method. However, the output result does not cut based on the polygons on top the raster layer. If you have any suggestion, let me know. I really appreciate it.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 160458.pngModel1.png

AidosMakhanov_0-1709637512117.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm not sure about ArcGIS Pro tools, but in QGIS, and more specifically the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL), there is an easy way to merge with overlapping rasters.  Raster --> Merge.  You would need to create a list as a text file with the full path to ALL your 350 tiles.  The order in which they're listed determines the priority for merging the overlapping areas.  If they are all all in the same directory, we could script that in Python and call in Pro.

path/to/raster1.tif

path/to/raster2.tif

In this case, raster1 pixels would replace raster2 pixels in the merged output.

For then clipping the merged raster, that would be in QGIS/GDAL using GDAL_warp but require a Python Script most likely (as opposed to directly in the QGIS GUI).  You could presumably find similar functionality in Arc, but...not sure.

It may help design a solution if you share this: export your model as a script 

Zach

0 Kudos