Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Series Extent indicator not updating

07-14-2022 01:40 PM
MichaelKohler
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2

Making a map series from neighborhood polygons as an index layer. Map series set up and working. Needed to add a locator map to the layout to show where the current neighborhood is in the overall context of the city. Get the extent indicator map set up to show the extent correctly. 

I can't get the extent of the indicator map to move (pan) when I select a new map in the map series. I had an earlier project where I was able to do this. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it now.

I added the 2 maps to the layout. Added the Extent Indicator to the inset map frame and set its Shape to the "Current map series shape"  option. 

At this point, should not the map extent of the extent indicator shift and pan to show the current index feature?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelKohler
Occasional Contributor III

To make the Extent Indicator map move. You have to set the Constraint in the Display Options on the Extent Indicator Map.

ExtentMap.png

NickHarvey
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for not taking this for granted....It was a MAJOR help to me that you followed this up with an answer.  Do you accept Venmo? 

0 Kudos