Select to view content in your preferred language

Clip Multidimensional Raster Layer

10-09-2023 11:10 AM
Akariki
New Contributor

Hi,

I've imported a grib file as a multidimensional raster layer (2 variables, whole globe (land) covered over 30 years). Now I need to only export data for the African continent. I've tried the "Clip (Data Management)" and the "Subset Multidimensional Raster" tools.
The first tool allows me to clip the output to the actual shape of the continent, but it removes the time dimension and I'm left with two data points per cell.
The latter keeps the time dimension but I cannot clip it to the actual shape, but only to a rectangle which means that the arabian peninsula is included, but it shouldn't.

I'm using Africa_Countries (generalized) which I found in the portal.

Is there a way to achieve what I'm after?

Alternatively, even more informative would be a way to export the country code as a variable coded to the same cells I'm using in my multidimensional raster layer. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Clip Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

indicates

This tool supports multidimensional raster data. To run the tool on each slice in the multidimensional raster and generate a multidimensional raster output, be sure to save the output to CRF.

Supported input multidimensional dataset types include multidimensional raster layer, mosaic dataset, image service, and CRF.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos