Select to view content in your preferred language

Classify Raster only classifying 1 class

08-17-2024 03:41 PM
Labels (1)
NicholasDenicola
New Contributor

Hi, I’m having an issue with the classify raster tool, here’s the gist of it. 
I classified a 4 band satellite image. I used Support Vector Machine to create 5 classes. Water, trees, developed, invasive, cultivated. Everything went fine, my classes processed as expected. I then used the samples to create an ecd file so that I could do the same classification on an image from the same satellite, same location, same bands, just a later date. I used the same schema but unfortunately the new raster is not effective. It’s only being classified with one class. So it has the one class with the corresponding color across the whole image. None of the other classes are even included in the legend or symbology. I’ve tried using images from different dates. I redid the original classification with a new schema and created new samples but I get the same result. OG classification comes out good, ecd classification on later image has only one class over the whole raster.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening? Am I forgetting a step? I’m not in front of my computer but I can post images later.

I’ve done this process before on a different set of images for different locations and it worked fine.

I appreciate any assistance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies