Select to view content in your preferred language

Charts not in sync

Jump to solution
08-25-2024 08:47 PM
jca_geo
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I noticed that there is some discrepancy between charts in the chart view and in the layout view. It is quite noticeable in the heat charts (matrix and calendar). Is there a fix or workaround to this? Thanks!

Chart.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi @jca_geo ,

Thanks for the question. By default, a chart frame will only use the data that is visible in the corresponding map frame (more info here). You can disable this by right-clicking the chart frame in the layout and then selecting the "Properties" option. This will open the Element pane for the chart frame, and you'll see that the "Only show chart data visible in the map frame" checkbox is checked:

Snag_a91e52a.png

If you uncheck this checkbox, then the chart should use all data, regardless of whether it is visible in the map. You can see that when I uncheck this checkbox, the chart frame in the layout now matches the chart view:

ChristopherAllen_0-1724795153755.png

I hope this addresses your problem, but please reach out if you are still having trouble.

Thanks!

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristopherAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi @jca_geo ,

Thanks for the question. By default, a chart frame will only use the data that is visible in the corresponding map frame (more info here). You can disable this by right-clicking the chart frame in the layout and then selecting the "Properties" option. This will open the Element pane for the chart frame, and you'll see that the "Only show chart data visible in the map frame" checkbox is checked:

Snag_a91e52a.png

If you uncheck this checkbox, then the chart should use all data, regardless of whether it is visible in the map. You can see that when I uncheck this checkbox, the chart frame in the layout now matches the chart view:

ChristopherAllen_0-1724795153755.png

I hope this addresses your problem, but please reach out if you are still having trouble.

Thanks!

Chris

jca_geo
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @ChristopherAllen! This did the trick!