Select to view content in your preferred language

Change values within the Land Use raster

12-13-2023 05:10 AM
Labels (1)
Willem_Bouw
Emerging Contributor

Hello all,

I'm stumbling upon a challenge. My aim is to change some areas within the Land Use/Land Cover (LULC) raster that I'm currently using, but I have no idea how. Allow me to visualize the situation to make my issue a bit more clear.

Willem_Bouw_0-1702472794133.png

So this map shows forests (green, obviously) and pastures for cattle (yellow). The pastures in the red circle are planned to be converted into a more sustainable type of cattle ranching. My aim is thus to give these sustainable pastures a different value (not green, not yellow, but lets say brown). How can I use ArcGIS Pro to change my current LULC raster and add a new value to a specific geographical area/specific pixels? Is this even possible at all?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohannesBierer
Frequent Contributor

In my opinion you need different steps. First clip the raster to an area with the wanted new values, reclassify the raster to the new value, create a new LULC raster with the con tool:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/tool-reference/spatial-analyst/con-.htm

Willem_Bouw
Emerging Contributor

Thank you, in my head I never put those steps together but yes that makes sense! Regarding clipping the right areas, are you aware of any tool that can help me clipping specifically the yellow/pasture areas in the LULC raster? Or do I manually need to create a polygon.

0 Kudos
JohannesBierer
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos