Change point detection

04-05-2022 01:12 PM
KateEkhator74
New Contributor III

I have flow measurements from 6 meters for the past 10 years. These are in an excel sheet, I also have the feature points of all six meters. I would like to explore the flow measurement with a view to detecting changes that have occurred in the past 10 years using the change point detection tool in ArcGIS pro (saw an ESRI youtube video using this tool). How do I add an excel table to the point feature layer, so that each meter has the flow that was recorded from it? Please can anyone help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

is there a common attribute between the excel table and the point file?

Add Join (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Join Field (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KateEkhator74
New Contributor III

There is no common field to join the excel table to the point feature.

0 Kudos
KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

I think you are going to want to import your Excel file into a geodatabase as a table and then use the "Create Space Time Cube From Defined Locations" geoprocessing tool using the imported table as the "Related Table".  This will create a Space Time cube you can use as input into your Change Point Detection Tool.

Create Space Time Cube From Defined Locations (Space Time Pattern Mining)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos
KateEkhator74
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try this.

0 Kudos
KimGarbade
Occasional Contributor III

You are still going to need a common field between the two datasets (Meter Locations and Meter Measurements). 

You mentioned that you only have 6 meters that all of the records in the Flow Measurements table link to.  In the Flow Measurements table is their an ID assigned to the 6 meters (I.E. you take a measurement once a month for 10 years at each of the 6 meters for a total of 720 records; 120 of which are for Meter A-1, 120 for A-2, etc.)?  If this is the case you can add a column to your Meters point feature class and just populate that ID into each of the 6 records.  That would give you the common field you need.

0 Kudos