Change Detection Wizard Output different than Preview

09-16-2021 01:51 PM
kah7_uagis
New Contributor II

I am attempting to use the Change Detection Wizard to measure the amount of Shrub/Scrub that changed to something else between 2001 and 2019.

kah7_uagis_1-1631825279802.png

When I use the settings in the figure and click the Preview button I get the following correct preview:

kah7_uagis_2-1631825334899.png

When I continue onto the next step in the Change Detection Wizard to create a final output it looks like this:

kah7_uagis_3-1631825462289.png

The tool outputs a change image for all of classes instead of just the change from Shrub/Scrub. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

can't tell from your images....

are you following this?

Categorical change detection—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JuliaLenhardt2
New Contributor

The doc includes the following note:
"The preview layers are generated using raster functions. When zoomed out beyond the source resolution, raster functions process the data using a resampled pixel size. To ensure the preview looks the way you want to see in your final result, zoom to the source resolution of the data. Right-click the preview layer and click Zoom to Source Resolution."

0 Kudos
rwrenner_abtglobal
New Contributor

I experienced this exact same issue when using the Change Detection Wizard for the Categorical Change method. My workaround was to use the Compute Change Raster tool directly, instead of using the Wizard, and that gave me an expected output.

0 Kudos