Select to view content in your preferred language

change default browser?

Jump to solution
06-19-2022 08:37 PM
Burnski
New Contributor II

Hi All, I'm new here, so I apologize if my cursory searches in the boards didn't reveal an obvious answer.

During my first sign-up, when prompted, I signed on using a browser. I checked the 'don't ask again' slash 'use every time' box, and accidentally clicked the wrong browser. Now, every time I try to sign in, it goes to a browser (Tor) that doesn't work on my machine. How can I change this to Chrome, my default? I saw that as of many years ago, this wasn't possible, but has it changed in the intervening years?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

In the Windows task bar, in the search field, type “default browser”. You’ll see the search result “choose a default web browser”, and if you click on that  it will take you to settings, where you’ll see something like Edge or Internet Explorer listed. Click on that and in the menu that appears choose Google Chrome. You’ll probably have to tell it to “Switch anyway“.

— Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndyAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

In the Windows task bar, in the search field, type “default browser”. You’ll see the search result “choose a default web browser”, and if you click on that  it will take you to settings, where you’ll see something like Edge or Internet Explorer listed. Click on that and in the menu that appears choose Google Chrome. You’ll probably have to tell it to “Switch anyway“.

— Andy

0 Kudos
Burnski
New Contributor II

Thank you. This did the trick. (I'm new to Windows, too. Mac guy at heart here.) 

0 Kudos
CAEPMAN
New Contributor II

My default browser opens when I click help for ArcPro's built-in tools, but IE is opening when I click on help for custom script tools I have created and added to tool boxes I have added to a project. Not sure what I can do to change this behaviour.

-Darren