Select to view content in your preferred language

cannot license ArcGIS Pro with Enterprise

06-06-2024 08:45 AM
DasheEbra
Frequent Contributor

Dear GISer, I have try a lot to license ArcGIS Pro 3.3 using my ArcGIS Enterprise Named User (GIS professional). I tried two methods of logins as follows, and both are failed.

1- SSO sign in: the primary login for our organization.
2- Built-in portal account (username & PW).

Failed info:

1- SSO failed: SSO login give me the below error

DasheEbra_0-1717688631073.png

2- Built-in failed below:

DasheEbra_1-1717688650545.png

my environment:

- ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 (each component on a single machine)

- ArcGIS Pro 3.3.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

I think that you have to License Manager (2024.x) installed: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-arcgis-pro-licenses.htm

--- George T.
0 Kudos
DasheEbra
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @George_Thompson for your reply,

I have already configured the License Server Administrator on the Portal for ArcGIS machine, but the error still persists on the ArcGIS Pro machine.

I double-checked with the IT team to ensure that port 27000 is open.

However, the issue remains unresolved. Do you have any further advice?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

I do not in this scenario. I would recommend reaching out to technical support on this.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Sounds like the Pro machine is having a problem connecting to the license manager through the specified ports.  Refer to the following document on how to configure the ArcGIS License Manager with a firewall.  You need to open ports 27000 and a predefined port for the ArcGIS vendor daemon.  Both ports must be open.  If both ports are already open, check the license manager name in the Enterprise portal.  Verify its using a hostname that is recognized by the client machines.  Below is the link to the firewall document to get started:

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/license-manager/latest/configure-the-arcgis-license-manager-to-work-th...

0 Kudos