Cannot activate deeplearning environment in ArcGIS

Jump to solution
02-15-2021 05:38 PM
ZhongqiZheng
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I want to activate the deep learning environment in my ArcGIS Pro 2.7. I follow the tutorial (https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/use-deep-learning-to-assess-palm-tree-health/), but after I install all the packages it requires, it shows:

Spoiler

(deeplearning) C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\deeplearning>proswap deeplearning proswap: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\deeplearning environment doesn't appear to contain ArcGIS Pro

Can anyone help me with that? I guess the tutorial may be outdated for the newest version.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tim_McGinnes
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately many of the older tutorials and guides are from the time of Pro 2.4/2.5 and are now out of date with regards to installation. For ArcGIS Pro 2.6 or 2.7 there should no longer be any need to manually install python packages or change environments.

Just install the deep learning framework from the following link, and make sure your default python environment (arcgispro-py3) is activated and away you go.

https://github.com/Esri/deep-learning-frameworks 

There are also the latest instructions for manual installation on that page in the case of any issues with the provided installer.

View solution in original post

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As shown in @Tim_McGinnes 's images, the packages are installed in the base environment (that is, the main, not a clone)

C:\...Your_install_folder...\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Tim_McGinnes

Unfortunately many of the older tutorials and guides are from the time of Pro 2.4/2.5 and are now out of date with regards to installation. For ArcGIS Pro 2.6 or 2.7 there should no longer be any need to manually install python packages or change environments.

Just install the deep learning framework from the following link, and make sure your default python environment (arcgispro-py3) is activated and away you go.

https://github.com/Esri/deep-learning-frameworks 

There are also the latest instructions for manual installation on that page in the case of any issues with the provided installer.

ZhongqiZheng
New Contributor II

Thanks! Is there a way to double-check whether my python environment is activated?

0 Kudos
Tim_McGinnes

Yes - go to Settings - Python. The current environment is shown here and can be changed by the Manage Environments button. This is my ArcGIS Pro 2.7 with the deep learning framework installed. 282 installed packages - and you can look for things like tensorflow or pytorch to see if they are installed.

python.jpg

ZhongqiZheng
New Contributor II

Okay. I just download and install the deep learning libraries installer for ArcGIS Pro 2.7 but I can't find an activated deep learning environment under "Manage Environments." Have you met such a situation before?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As shown in @Tim_McGinnes 's images, the packages are installed in the base environment (that is, the main, not a clone)

C:\...Your_install_folder...\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3

... sort of retired...