Select to view content in your preferred language

Can You Create A Layout Template?

Jump to solution
07-31-2024 04:34 PM
DavidGray1
Occasional Contributor

Hello ArcGIS Pro Community;   I am trying this category of community as I haven't been able to get a response to posts on ArcGIS Hub.  I posted an inquiry over there regarding layout templates and asking if it is possible to export and create a layout template from an existing layout design. Is this possible?   Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidGray1
Occasional Contributor

All;  Between all the helpful links and input, I am on track with managing multiple layout scenarios with a layout pagx file. After importing for and setting up slightly different map features, they are remaining independent of each other.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

If by layout template you mean a Hub layout template then the following may help

How to create templates of your ArcGIS Hub initiatives

Develop your own ArcGIS Hub template

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
DavidGray1
Occasional Contributor

Hi  Ed;   It would appear I have no idea what ArcGIS Hub is and is for. What I am wanting to do is export the basic format of a layout design in Pro 3.2 to be able to create identical layouts to it in either the same project or a different one. I am happy right now that at least people are seeing my posted inquires and are responding. I see Dan Patterson has also responded with some linked information. I am going to study that documentation and see if it gets me where I am trying to go. It really looks promising.   Thanks!   Dave

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Layout files—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

first paragraph...

Layout files (.pagx file extension) are saved layouts that can be shared across projects. They can be used as a template for new projects and can create consistency across a set of layouts or throughout an organization.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DavidGray1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan;   These links seem to be different from those I have followed so far regarding this topic. Appears promising and I'll study it to see if it gets where I am trying to go. Thanks for the input!  Dave 

0 Kudos
GeeteshSingh07
Occasional Contributor II

@DavidGray1 once you have created a layout in ArcGIS Pro, you can save it as a "Layer File" (.pagx). This saved file can be used as a template.
How to save as Layer File?
Open the Layout, click on Share tab in the ribbon.
Click Layout File:

GeeteshSingh07_1-1722500748523.png

Save the file. The template is created!

How will I use this layout template?
Click on Insert tab, click Import Layout >> Click Import layout File:

GeeteshSingh07_2-1722500851252.png

How to check Esri's Layout templates that are provided with ArcGIS Pro?
Click on Project tab on top >> click Options >> Layout

Here, you have "Import Gallery Path" where all Esri's provided Layout template are stored.

For more details, you can check this out:
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-create-a-layout-template-from-a-layout-for-diff...

Hope this helps. 🙂

DavidGray1
Occasional Contributor

All;  Between all the helpful links and input, I am on track with managing multiple layout scenarios with a layout pagx file. After importing for and setting up slightly different map features, they are remaining independent of each other.

0 Kudos