Can the text frame adjust with dynamic text?

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
La_Olivia
New Contributor III

I am setting up a map series and I have the map title change with each layout. I've also setup a background for my text. My intent is to have the title framed with a background frame for each layout.  My challenge is that the map titles vary in length based on the site and if I set my text frame size to accommodate the longest title, I have a background frame that doesn't match a title when I change layouts to a title with less text.

I am wondering if there is a way to have the text box frame dynamically adjust with each layout? Otherwise, I have to manually adjust the text frame box for each layout?

Alternatively, should I be going the route of setting up unique layouts so that am not manually changing the text frame each time?

Lau_Olivia_0-1713810558497.png

Lau_Olivia_1-1713810579165.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

I did find this solution in the forum. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/automatically-adjust-dynamic-texts/idi-p/935114 

I have not tried it myself, but it looks like what you are asking for.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

I did find this solution in the forum. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/automatically-adjust-dynamic-texts/idi-p/935114 

I have not tried it myself, but it looks like what you are asking for.

La_Olivia
New Contributor III

Thanks for directing me to that thread.  You helped me realize that the solution is really with using the Text Symbol and to use the Balloon style under the Callout feature to create a dynamic background that changes with the text length. It can be done with the Straight Text or Box Text for my purposes. The frame is now dynamically changing with the text and with consistent margins. Thanks for your help!

La_Olivia_0-1713825597968.png

La_Olivia_1-1713825674821.png  

La_Olivia_2-1713825691221.png

0 Kudos
ZakBaron
New Contributor III

Your welcome! I'm going to file that away for my own use. I don't need it now, but I could definitely see needing that same functionality in the future.

0 Kudos