Can't Post after Reconciling when using ArcPro

Jump to solution
07-22-2021 06:36 AM
AaronManuel2
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue reconciling and posting in ArcGIS Pro. specifically, I can reconcile my edit version with our default database, but Pro will not let me post. The "Post" button blinks briefly then grays out.

I've done some troubleshooting but still can't totally figure out what is going on. At first I thought I had solved the issue by removing all the layers except anything pointing to my edit version. I had a bunch of layers hosted by arcgis online. When I got rid of them I could post again. Added one in again and could not post. Removed it and I still couldn't post. 

Needless to say I'm confused. I have updated to the latest version of Pro, 2.8.1. 

Our dbms is postresql 9.6. SDE is 10.6. I am logging in with ArcGIS online.

I may be mixing things up here, I don't have much knowledge of how the backend infrastructure works.

thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you roll back to a previous version of Pro, does posting work?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you roll back to a previous version of Pro, does posting work?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AaronManuel2
New Contributor III

I just tested with arcgis pro 2.6 and I'm still having the same issue, unfortunately.

Edit - Just did some more testing and I had to make a new Pro project with 2.6, but after that editing is working normally again.

Anyone else having this issue, can reference this doc page: https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/database-requirements-postgresql.htm

I guess I got too far ahead with my Pro version. Didn't catch it at first because everything else was working.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We've had some similar issues with versioned data. It seems these are often very specific, technical issues, and are best taken to Technical Support. Could be that you've discovered a bug, and starting a support case could lead to this getting patched in a future release.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos