Can't create Feature Dataset in geodatabase

Jump to solution
08-25-2020 01:41 PM
AbraKaiser
New Contributor II

In the last 2 weeks I updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.6. Ever since I have not been able to create a new feature dataset in a file geodatabase through Pro's Catalog pane. I have this problem with brand new GDB's created with a new project, or when trying to add one to an existing GDB, however I can add a new feature dataset using ArcCatalog.

Is this feature something that was taken out with the new update, or is there a way to fix it? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

For those experiencing this issue, are you running Pro with a Basic license?

There is a bug that leads to options being grayed out in the right-click context menu: BUG-000132678: Creating a feature dataset is disabled in the contex.. 

We apologize for this, but I thought it would be important to note that you should still be able to move forward by running the geoprocessing tool until the fix is released.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I am running Pro 2.6.0 and just created a new Feature Dataset in a File GDB.  Rt-click, New, Feature Dataset.  

So, this confirms it is something you should still be able to do in Pro 2.6.

Re-install Pro?

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would run a repair and report back.

--- George T.
AbraKaiser
New Contributor II

How do I run a repair?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It would be similar to other MS programs; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-10-repair-or-remove-programs 

--- George T.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Was this resolved? I seem to have run into the same issue. Despite reinstalling Pro, no resolution

0 Kudos
deleted-user-ioozWOYc0nD1
New Contributor II

I cannot create feature datasets either. ArcPro 2.6.2. New Feature Dataset, View, Relationship Class, Raster Dataset, and Mosaic Dataset are all unavailable. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you or anyone else having this problem tried to use another computer that just has Pro 2.6 installed on it with no previous versions to see if the missing functionality works there?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

For those experiencing this issue, are you running Pro with a Basic license?

There is a bug that leads to options being grayed out in the right-click context menu: BUG-000132678: Creating a feature dataset is disabled in the contex.. 

We apologize for this, but I thought it would be important to note that you should still be able to move forward by running the geoprocessing tool until the fix is released.

Thank you.

AbraKaiser
New Contributor II

Thanks for this workaround, I didn't know where was a tool for that.