Can ArcGIS Pro remember window sizes and folders last visited?

02-05-2021 10:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a setting that tells ArcGIS Pro to remember things like dialog box sizes and locations on the screen, the folder you last visited, etc.? ArcMap handles all of this beautifully. Everytime I resize a dialog box, say for a geoprocessing tool, ArcGIS Pro annoyingly puts it back into its default location and size. I find most of the dialog boxes WAY too small to see all the info without scrolling, and end up resizing many of them over and over and over again.

Same with file locations. The other day I was saving many layer files. I had to click down through all the folder locations EVERY SINGLE TIME. ArcMap would remember the last file location and go directly to the same folder.

I've run into many time-sucking features like this in Pro. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Thanks!

Pam

9 Replies
JasonJordan00
Occasional Contributor

In Catalog view, you can right click on folder or GDB locations and say 'Add to new projects' or 'Add to favorites'. This would at least let you shortcut to commonly used folders. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good suggestion. I do actually have a bunch of "favorite" folders in catalog view, and it does cut down on some of the mouse clicking (Pro loves navigation via lots of mouse clicks), but still annoying that I still have to click through the same links every time.

GabrielMarcus1
Occasional Contributor II

Yes! I came here to add this to the ideas.

I'd like to resize the layer properties box and have it remember the size. I've got a large monitor and would like to use it! Resizing it every time is frustrating. 

BigNDirty
New Contributor

Bump, did you ever figure out how to maintain the size of a dialogue/geoprocessing pop up box?

I'm doing some repetitive imagery processing and resizing the box every time is mildly annoying

Cheers,

BigNDirty

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No solution yet. For years this function has been in all the other windows apps I use.

Arc Pro likes a LOT of mouse clicking and mouse moving. I still find Pro very clunky to use.

BigNDirty
New Contributor

Thanks Pam... Maybe one day.

That's funny because ArcGIS Pro is supposed to have less mouse clicks than ArcMap...

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes - I've found it to be the complete opposite.

LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

Yes, totally agree!  I resize the layer properties window constantly throughout the day and it is frustrating.  I just want it to show up tall enough vertically to show the layer refresh setting (just below the Layer ID setting) on the General tab - which is always below the bottom of the window edge, plus there is no scroll bar. 

0 Kudos
StephenPenny
New Contributor

I just tried to custom sort and the dialog box is too small to work with and will not let me resize it, is there a setting to make it bigger?

0 Kudos