CADMAPPER to ARCPRO

05-06-2022 12:00 PM
ChristianSandoval28
New Contributor II

Hello, I am currently working on a project that involves 3D buildings. I am using CAD data from CADMAPPER. When I transfer the CAD data into ArcPro the data shows up in the ocean. I tried to georeferenced the data in order to match he map, but to no avail.  The file is a dxf by the way and I couldn't uploaded here because it won't let me. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

By chance does the data show up off the west coast of Africa?  If so, this is 0,0 space meaning the intersection of the Prime Meridian and the Equator.    In the CAD data, is there an option to export a world file *.wld with the data?

0 Kudos
ChristianSandoval28
New Contributor II

Yes, every time I upload the data directly into arcpro it shows up by West Coast Africa like you said. I tried using the spatial reference CADMAPPER gives me, Spatial Reference System: Meters; UTM zone: 11, easting: 484944.83, northing: 3619076.60, but still won't work. 

"In the CAD data, is there an option to export a world file *.wld with the data?" 

No, I don't get this option.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - so I downloaded the *.dxf for Boulder/Denver and confirmed that it places the files at 0,0 space.  In fact, the CADMAPPER FAQ confirms that the model files are at the origin (0, 0,0) so they are drawing as designed by CADMAPPER.  But the key is getting the file georeferenced to a projected coordinate system in ArcGIS Pro.  So you'll have to georeference the *.dxf so that it fits into projected space.

0 Kudos
ChristianSandoval28
New Contributor II

So in order for me to do this would it be to first use CAD to Geodatabase? Then set the parameters using the information from CADMAPPER? 

By the way thank you so much for helping me with this. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You're welcome - happy to assist!  I like figuring out conundrums like this.

So you mentioned parameters from CADMAPPER.  What are they and do you have a screen grab of them?

0 Kudos
ChristianSandoval28
New Contributor II

So here is where I am at. I tried to make the basemap base on the CADMAPPER sugestions, I made the basemap have a spatial reference of WGS 1984 UMT Zone 11N. I then use CAD to Geodatabase and I filled out the parameters using the suggested data from CADMAPPER, Spatial Reference System: Meters; UTM zone: 11, easting: 484944.83, northing: 3619076.60. After doing all of this I still get my data in the ocean only this time is in the UTM Zone 11. LOL

0 Kudos