CAD Data & ArcGIS Pro Parcel Fabric

01-21-2022 06:31 AM
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

We are just starting our migration journey to ArcGIS Pro and have a question regarding CAD data.

At present all of our parcel editing is done in CAD.  We would like to get our parcel data out of CAD and into ArcGIS Pro so we may employ the use of the Parcel Fabric to make all of our corrections going forward.

Is there any documentation or videos available that would take us through a step-by-step process on how to accomplish this task?  I see a lot of videos online that specialize in employing tools for the parcel fabric when it is already inside Pro, but very little regarding our situation.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JD1016
by

Thank you Dan.  I appreciate you coming out of retirement.

Jeff

0 Kudos
JD1016
by

The Build parcels from CAD lines will be a huge resource!

I do have a follow-up question that I hope isn't too obvious.

The Build parcels from CAD lines workflow seems to be assuming that you already have developed your parcel fabric and are bringing in CAD information as an add-on.  Perhaps a new subdivision for example.  In our case, we will be taking our CAD parcel data and basically using the entirety in creating our parcels.  In creating my parcel fabric, when I get to the Add Parcel Type sections, would I bring in empty feature layers that would essentially be populated via the "Copy Lines To" portion of the Build parcels from CAD lines directions?

Thank you.

Jeff

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't do CAD often, but my surmise would be to get the data into Pro first, make sure it is clean and proper, then of to parcel stuff.

Others that do, may have other opinions or experience

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos