Bug Alert: ArcGIS Pro Automatically Restores Deleted Project Folders

01-28-2024 05:57 AM
Labels (1)
lorenzo_crecco
New Contributor

ArcGIS Pro version: 3.2

Hi, I have encountered a persistent bug where ArcGIS Pro automatically restores project folders that have been deleted. 

Despite repeated attempts to delete these folders, they reappear upon restarting the software or my windows machine. The folders are not sync with my OneDrive (or other similar services) and my Recycle Bin works fine.

I do not know what I should do to solve the issue. If I uninstall ArcGIS pro these projects folders stop reappearing but I need to use the software so it is not a solution 😅.

I hope someone can help me!

All the bests,

Lorenzo

22 Replies
MicZatorsky_AEC
Occasional Contributor III

What do you mean it 'restores folders'?
What created the folders originally, and what deleted them?
Can you screenshot the workflow and provide steps to reproduce this?

0 Kudos
lorenzo_crecco
New Contributor

Hi!
When you start an arcgis pro project, you need to create also a folder (project folder). I do not know why, but when I delete these project folders they reappear on my desktop (empty, after a couple of days).

I do not know how else I can explain this bug. 

Hope it helps..

Thank you.

brewerjy
New Contributor

I am receiving the same error and would really appreciate some follow up on how to work around/avoid it!

-Jeff

OllyD
by
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Just to say that I also get a similar bug, except that it only seems to happens to folders that were saved on my desktop.

From what I can see it restores the project folder and then generates a "index" folder.

I've attached an some example images, you can see the restored folder only has "123456_abcdef_bng_index" inside, in turn that has 3 folders, all of which are empty.

This happens every time i turn on my computer now, this never used to happen. 

isohel
by
New Contributor II

Same here, but it is not only project folders on the desktop. I have a geospatial project folder in my C drive and if I delete a project folder, it is restored the next time I restart the computer, with the same 3 empty folders described above.

repeb
by
New Contributor

I have the same problem.

And since I am working with students projects, I open really a lot of them. Open, look, grade, delete.

And they just keep on appearing and appearing.

It is truly annoying.

DRicotta
New Contributor II

I have the exact same problem as well. It seems to have started when I upgraded to v3.2.2.

MuhammadElbagoury
New Contributor II

I also have the same problem (Empty Folders). (I am on version 3.2.2)

isohel
by
New Contributor II

Version 3.2.2 here, too.