Select to view content in your preferred language

Bookmarks not translating exactly from one project to another

04-12-2023 06:40 AM
Michele
Regular Contributor

I've created a bookmark in one project where the scale is 1:18,055.  I've exported this bookmark to use in another project, but when I import it, it does not match and the scale is at 1:20,182.  Is this a known issue?  I can't say I've experienced this before.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
BarryNorthey
Frequent Contributor

As far as I can tell Bookmarks zoom the map display to an extent, not a scale. For example, if you are zoomed in to a bookmark and then pin a pane open thereby changing the display area, then apply the bookmark again the map will zoom and scale accordingly.

0 Kudos
Michele
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "pin" a pane open.  Do you mean like pin the catalog pane open on the right side which would change the extent of the area of the map?  I always have the same arc layout on my screen so that shouldn't matter.  If I have a layout in the exact area I want and create a bookmark, shouldn't that translate to any other layout? It doesn't seem to be doing that.  The only thing I can think of is perhaps the bookmark was made in the map frame view and doing that is different then making it in the layout view.

0 Kudos