Select to view content in your preferred language

Batch feature class extent recalculator

Jump to solution
06-26-2023 08:15 PM
swfbtucs
New Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2, or any version for that matter.

I have 437 feature classes, point and polygon, that need to have their extents recalculated. Anyone know a tool for that, or some python language? The Recalculate Extent tool works fine as long as I restart the app, but it is limited to one FC at a time.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and for not asking how it is that I have 437 FCs that need their extents recalculated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swfbtucs
New Contributor III

Minutes after posting this question I recalled that geoprocessing tools are available in batch processing versions. In the geoprocessing pane, search for Recalculate Feature Class Extent, then right click on the tool and select "batch".

This is not ideal though since I still have to find every single FC in the drop-down and add it to the batch one at a time. An arcpy script that allows me to paste the list in would be much superior.  Then I found the Python description of the Recalculate Extent tool in ArcGIS Pro Online: 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/conversion/feature-class-to-geodatabase.htm 

I should be able to make this work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
swfbtucs
New Contributor III

Minutes after posting this question I recalled that geoprocessing tools are available in batch processing versions. In the geoprocessing pane, search for Recalculate Feature Class Extent, then right click on the tool and select "batch".

This is not ideal though since I still have to find every single FC in the drop-down and add it to the batch one at a time. An arcpy script that allows me to paste the list in would be much superior.  Then I found the Python description of the Recalculate Extent tool in ArcGIS Pro Online: 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/conversion/feature-class-to-geodatabase.htm 

I should be able to make this work.

0 Kudos