Select to view content in your preferred language

Automating addressing

05-10-2024 08:58 AM
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor III

I have this layer filled with thousands of land parcels in a polygon layer, and addresses in a point layer. I need to find a away to automatically fill the empty spaces in the land parcels with an address number and address name, and add a point to the address layer. I don't if there's a tool for this, and have little experience in coding. The formula suggested to me:

(b) the difference between addresses divided by (a) Distance Between Existing Addresses multiplied by (c) new address distance plus the smaller address number|(((b2-b1)/a)*c)+b1

Below is an example of an area that needs addressing. The address for this one should be 7151

ThomasGoodridge_0-1715355203297.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

do a spatial join of the parcels to the points.  update the address attribute in the parcels with the address field in the points. You may have to export the joined result to a few feature class, bring it back in and join again with  an attribute join

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor III

Neither feature has the missing addresses, I'm trying to figure out how to implement that expression.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Where are the addresses your showing in the graphic come from?

RobertBorchert_0-1715772205647.png

0 Kudos
ThomasGoodridge
New Contributor III

from the points and polygons both have address numbers, what I'm trying to do is fill in the blanks. The parcels with no address are new properties that require new addresses, such as this middle parcel I used as an example for the equation.

ThomasGoodridge_0-1715774356031.png

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

the most accurate way to create new addresses would be to have your centerlines properly ranges from FromLeft ToLeft FromRight ToRight and then create a tool that measures what percentage down the line you are from the start point.  I cannot help you with a tool like that as the one I did was in MapInfo back in 1997. 

You can use Reverse Geocode tool in Pro to do it.  A key factor with 911 addresses is that the point the address is based on should be where the driveway leaves the road, just like in your image. 

0 Kudos