Attribute table dies i Pro

Jump to solution
04-08-2019 05:39 AM
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

a client is using Pro and has a problem with FGDB's on fileservers. After 10-15 minutes it is not possible to open the attribute table, gets error message "Failed to load data. Error. General function failure". The geometries seems to be present in the map, forgot to use Explore on one of the geometries.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
6 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Is this issue specific to file geodatabases on shared file servers? Do they see the same behavior with data coming from a local drive?

When they see the error opening the attribute table, are they able to do anything in the map? Pan, zoom, etc? Does the data in the map refresh? It sounds like a lost connection to the data which is why I ask.

My last question would be, do multiple people in the organization see this issue using the same data from the same shared file server? Or is this related to 1 instance of Pro?

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Pål_Herman_Sund

Thanks for reaching out Jonathan. And apologize for being a little imprecise.

The issue is specific for the fileservers they have, same problem found with a shapefile on the share. Local data do not have the problem.

No spesific operation in Pro, he open Pro and leave it for 10-15 minutes then the problem is present for data on the share.

I will have to wait till tomorrow (UTC +1) to see if he is able to pan/zoom/explore in the map. 

Group policy problem?

Best

Pål Herman

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Here's another group policy setting that could definitely be related, as I've seen it cause issues in the past:

Following Windows 10 upgrade, mapped drives disconnect briefly 

(this is the best article I could find on it)

Pål_Herman_Sund

Thanks,

I agree it seems to be a lost connection and that the problem might be caused by Group Policy as proposed by Michael Volz. So far he is the only one having the problem, but I think this is more a result of slow migration to Pro.

0 Kudos
Pål_Herman_Sund

Thanks a lot guys !! Awesome.

Got confirmed today the following:

- usual Group Policy settings are "Update" or "Create"

- one disk had Group Policy "Replace"

The "Replace" policy was replaced (pling) to the usual "Update" and things are fine. Thanks a lot for the contributions, much appreciated!

best

Pål Herman